- 2021 – Present: Postdoc, Technische Universität München, Campus Straubing for Biotechnology and Sustainability, Germany
- 2015 – 2021: PhD “photoprotection in photosynthesis: from plant to protein”, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2011-2014: Bachelor of Science with Honours First Class in Biochemistry and Plant Biotechnology, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Nicol, L. & Croce, R. The PsbS protein and low pH are necessary and sufficient to induce quenching in the light-harvesting complex of plants LHCII. Rep. (2021).
- Agostini, A., Nicol, L., Da Roit, N., Bortolus, M. Croce, R. Carbonera, D. Altering the exciton landscape by removal of specific chlorophylls in monomeric LHCII provides information on the sites of triplet formation and quenching by means of ODMR and EPR spectroscopies. BBA – Bioenergetics. (2021).
- Nicol, L., Nawrocki, W.J., Croce, R. Disentangling the sites of non-photochemical quenching in vascular plants. Nature plants (2019).
- Nicol, L. & Croce, R. Light harvesting in higher plants and green algae in Light harvesting in photosynthesis (CRC Press, 2018).